You can defrost chicken in several ways. Just leaving it in the fridge to defrost is always an option. Put it in before you head off to work and it will be done by dinner.
Putting it in a bowl of cold water (not warm or hot, as this could get you sick) is also a great option that takes much less time.
Finally, if you are in a hurry then go ahead and microwave it. If you happen to forget to defrost, just going ahead and cooking it even though from frozen is still an option. This only taken 50 percent more time than it normally would have taken to cook. Just be sure to check the middle to ensure you’ve cooked it all the way through!
1. Leaving it to defrost in the fridge
2. Submerging it in cold water
3. Cooking it in a frozen state
4. Using the microwave
- The right chicken defrosting technique could help prevent the problem of overcooked chicken
- The best way to defrost chicken is to leave it to defrost in the fridge
- Do not leave chicken at room temperature in the kitchen counter to defrost
“You need to cook the chicken immediately after it’s been thawed in the microwave since it essentially starts the cooking process and puts the meat in the food safety ‘danger zone’,”
Read the full article here:
All The Different Ways To Thaw Chicken Breasts, Ranked